My brother is a 20 year veteran of the Canadian Military recently retired on a medical discharge diagnosed with PTSD. He has been to Bosnia, Rwanda and the first Gulf War. He has told me of some of his experiences that have made me sick and nauseous to hear it. A woman sniper from Sarajevo who kept a tally of young people killed and she is presently living in Toronto. Happening upon a burning pile of flesh that used to be a family out in the desert near the Iraqi border with Kuwait. And seeing a huge pile of dead woman and children with no arms and legs piled as high as a 5 ton truck.
These images must have been horrible to witness and i don't think i could have been strong enough to spend any amount of time in these hellholes. I tip my hat to my brother and all the men and women that are overseas collecting their paycheck while ducking bullets.
I have to go but more on this later. I will fill you in on why my title is what it is...
No comments:
Post a Comment