I went on and on last post and forgot to add the one single important original idea that I had recently, that must be put to paper(?). I was reading an old and well weathered copy of A.E. Van Vogt's Slan and while reading, I went off on a bit of a tangent thanks to a couple of hits of some good hydroponic a few minutes earlier. I had this vision of what true space and time travel would really be like. Most educated people would agree that us, the furniture, the trees and all things on and off this earth are really made up of atoms and molecules with negative and positive charges that behave exactly like our solar system and galaxy, just on a much smaller scale. Our bodies contain surprisingly potent electromagnetic fields that are a carbon copy of what you would see in planets and stars. Everything has the exact same physical makeup and behavior, the only arguable difference is the consciousness or intelligence that resides in the space of our brain.
While drifting off for a few moments of clarity(my version of it anyways), I saw a picture of what this universe could really be like. Imagine an instant, where/when you(the observer) were connected/existing to/in a space that was ANY place in the universe/multiverse at ANY time. Simply put, you observe an event/moment of space/time in the horsehead nebula 5,000 years ago or on a planet observing Spica in the Virgo constellation 9400 years from now. Hey, photons are funny things, if the universe is indeed expanding outwards, then they would need to travel further and thus, degrade a little more. I know Einstein said that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light but what if, as far as I am concerned, photons are as slow as molasses in February and I can be/see everywhere and anywhen at any point in time(as recorded by me, the observer). Our immediate surroundings encompass three dimensions of space and one of time, I feel these are too restrictive for the Electrical Man. Everywhere and any Time is simultaneously accessible/observable continuously until the alleged Big Rip ends it all.
If this was at all possible, then that would mean that you, I and everyone on this planet would have the ability to travel through time and space a lot like superior beings could. We wouldn't really be "traveling" though, we would just mentally invoke something in our brains that would enable us to observe somewhen/somewhere else just by compartmentalizing it. Maybe 500 years from now that will be our way of moving through our larger "world". Maybe even in a few years, somebody wakes up one day and finds he or she can instantly see/sense the full multiverse around them in all its complexity.
No comments:
Post a Comment